Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A Day at the beach Design Challenge by Facet


























Hi all. Time again for another challenge. At Facet this month we were challenged to do something beachy. Using the colors of the beach, waves, and sky.

I had a lot of sea glass from Znetshows that I needed to use up so I pulled them out of my stash, then got an email they had some new sea glass Sea Life, so I ordered the cute little green turtles. I mean what beach isn't complete without a turtle or two.

The colors I used were aqua, green, red, topaz and some glass rondelles that had had aqua and green running through them. 

I wanted to try something out of the box so I created loops at each end to put silk cord through so you tie it in the back, and then I used bead weaving thread to make a fringe out of sand colored seed beads to represent the sand on the beach.  Plus a set of earrings to match.

This is what I came up with:







I am not sure how I like the fringe yet, I may still redo some of it. And I think I need to make the silk cord in back longer, it didn't tie quite right. But other than that I was very pleased with it. 

I have the colors of the beach with two turtles now more beachy can you get!!!

Til next time..

Keep on Beading!

V




1 comment:

  1. Progressions in innovation have made life a considerable measure less demanding for every single one of us. This is valid for all parts of our lives, even in the territory of our accounts. check cashing san diego

    ReplyDelete