Wednesday, August 30, 2017

August Monthly Challenge by ABS




August Monthly Challenge by ABS

Twelve Princesses on the Way to the Dance
Kay Nieslen
Published in 1923
Watercolor and ink


At Art Bead Scene this month the above picture was given as inspiration. I fell in love with it. I know the story so this scene by Kay Nieslen was awesome!

It took a while to decide what to make as the colors weren't something I normally use. But I was looking on Etsy and found some fiber beads by Eleanore at Fiber Beads.  They were just the colors I wanted.

Again, I use these challenges to step out of the box to try something new. I wanted to do a cuff bracelet using the fiber beads. 

I got the fiber beads and other beads I had chosen to go with them sewn on the shiny black backing, but ran out of time to put the whole thing together.  

So I am posting what I do have and hope to get the rest finished soon.



The rice pearls I used are reminiscent of the "leaves" in the trees, the black material is the night sky and the the fiber beads are the colors for the dresses.

I plan to encircle the outside of the bracelet with the rice pearls and the gold seed beads.  

Thanks for looking.

Til next time

Keep on Beading




















5 comments:

  1. How absolutely wonderful!! Many thanks Vera for using your talent to highlight the use of Fiber Beads. I'm so pleased to know you are inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is valid for all parts of our lives, even in the territory of our accounts. Liquidating checks, for instance, is a great deal less demanding these days than it was previously. check cashing san diego

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for Sharing such a great information with us!.financial advisory company

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post with lots of informative and useful and amazing content. Well written and done!! Thanks for sharing keep posting.

    ReplyDelete