Thursday, June 29, 2017

Art Bead Scene Blog: June 2017 Monthly Challenge



Oh my...two blog postings...I can't contain myself. And I will have one more coming soon. So maybe June was the catalyst I needed to get blogging again. I don't know, but when I saw the art for the June challenge, wellll, I am a 60's child and bright neon colors are for me.

So I was hopping around on Etsy to find a really cool bead or pendant with these colors and came upon Nathalie of My Garden of Love and what do you think she had....yep...ALL kinds of wild neon colored beads. It was so hard to choose! I could have bought them all. Really you have to check out her site.

Anyway, I also had some bright colored wooden beads that said they wanted to play. And then a neon roll of satin cord dropped in to play too. But even with all this something was missing, needed something with punch!

Black...or course, I needed something to tone down the bright colors...so I rummaged around in my black bead stash and found some black oval felty/velvet beads that had been lying around for ever just waiting to be used.

With all these wonderful "toys" to play with I decided it had to be simple so that I could show case the pendant. I never knotted before, but I figured why not....(pun intended)

So I put all my toys together with my knotted satin cord and this is what I came up with.



As you can see, I looped on an extra pink bead at the end and made an open loop on the other end so that I could just slide the cord over the bead. Works!



Here you can see the focal up close. I purchased another one too. But that is for a future piece. Don't you just LOVE the colors!!!!

To check out what others did, go to our board on Pinterest where all the cool beaders go.....

Til next time

     Bead On

V


8 comments:

  1. Wow what a punch of colour. You were wise to add the black beads. They balance out the colour very well
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is Interesting combination of colours and textures in your necklace that makes it eye popping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pendant works great with this month's challenge...What a cool find! You pulled in a lot of the colors from the painting ...nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! I especially love the velvety black beads! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pendant is wonderful - I like the color and texture.

    ReplyDelete